Help lead the development and implementation of materials management strategies to achieve performance objectives. Optimize supplier costs, quality and delivery to gain the lowest cost through the supply chain in support of strategic plans. Will purchase some commodities as well as help lead the activities of personnel engaged in purchasing, production scheduling, shipping/receiving and transportation:
- Prepare instructions regarding purchasing strategies, systems and procedures
- Develop and implement programs to optimize inventory turns and improve working capital performance
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all inventory and supplier related data
- Improve on-time delivery to customers and from vendors
- Identify and resolve process and system roadblocks in conjunction with manufacturing engineering to improve productivity and throughput
- Help develop analytical and visual management tools evaluating and communicating progress of productivity improvements and cost reductions
- Negotiate contracts and cost downs with vendors
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices using MRP, reorder points, kanban and other inventory management strategies.
- Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports
- Review purchase order and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Assist in the development and implementation of clerical, office, and material handling procedures and practices by studying current work flow and sequence of operations
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials
- Work in conjunction with Corporate Purchasing to insure plant and company goals are obtained
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year College or university preferred.
- CPM, CPSM or CPIM certification desired
- Five to eight years of advanced materials management experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Supply-base experience with a progressive organization focused on improvements to quality, cost, and delivery
- A strategic focus and in-depth understanding of the role he/she plays in creating partnerships and cost-containment programs with suppliers
- Prior leadership experience with proven results
- Knowledge of accounting and cost systems as well as computerized systems (software and hardware).
- Experience with ISO 9000, Kanban and lean manufacturing environment
- Well-rounded, high-potential individual who understands all facets of supply chain and materials management
- JD Edwards experience a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus